princess - pencil set
What is it:
- Set of 6 HB pencils.
- Each pencil has an eraser at the end.
- Each pencil has an inscription along the barrel.
What is it for:
- It says 'princess' and a princess doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
- To tell someone they are a princess and that's cool.
- Someone who likes to support ethical shopping.
Why we love it:
- It makes a very supportive gift without being cheesy.
- Recent research suggests writing things down makes you three times more likely to be able to recall them compared to typing.
- We love the idea that these pencils are sitting on the desk of a fully grown adult who is a bit of a princess, in a drama queen way, and her friends saw these and immediately thought of them. While at the same time a set of these pencils are on the desk of a small child who is their parent's little princess in just a sweet disney way.
We have to make sure children continue to put pencil to paper, keep exploring their creative impulses and learn the motor skills and total freedom of expression that not many other mediums allow. On any device there are rules of engagement that we take for granted because they are so fundamental to our interaction with those devices.
Pencil and paper, it's the oldest trick in the book.
I love how this pencil set is commonly given as a gift by children to their parents, but also by the parents to their children, which has got to be a good thing.
I hope you love it as much as I do.